1. Set some time apart.
Spend some time alone. Dream about how you want your life to look.
If frustration enters your thoughts, push it away and keep dreaming.
2. Start here.
~What is important to you in life?
~What do you want to spend your days doing?
~What feelings do you want to have when you walk into your home, bedroom, kitchen?
~What feelings do you want to have when you get your bank statement in the mail?
~Where do you want to shop for clothes?
3. Inspire yourself!
- Go to the park on an absolutely delicious day…alone.
- Collect magazine photos, music that makes you wanna rock or classical music - whatever moves you.
- Take a brisk walk to get your juices flowing and your mind moving
- Don’t sit in your home to dream if it is cluttered and messy. You want to dream… not have a nightmare.
- If you really want to get your eating habits in line, do not go to a restaurant to dream…unless it has a really heathy menu.
- Put yourself someplace where you can see and think and breathe and see and hear and just…dream.
What do you want your life to look like? to sound like? to feel like?
- What would make your family room a place of gathering and activity?
- What would make your bedroom a haven of rest away from the noise of the day?
- What changes would make your office a more productive space?
Here’s an example: I want my bedroom to be a calm place where I can relax at the the end of the day. I want to feel like I’ve entered a safe haven from the busy-ness of the day. I want soft, luxurious bedding that’s easy to wash and take care of. I really like the look of all-white bedding but with small children and a dog, I’d consider another color. I want a room I can truly sleep in. Right now, I can’t because there’s too much noise, too much light.
That dreaming example covers the look, feel, sensation …even some of the emotions you might want in a life change.
- Take a photo of each room, closet, bookshelf.
- Take a virtual photo of your wallet or bank account.
- Clip magazine photos of ideal rooms. Rooms and closets that speak peace to your soul.
- Do the same for you spending, eating, moving (excercise).
- Take a photo of yourself…it might be easier to recruit someone else to do this.
- Record your body measurements.
When you dream, see who you want to be and how you want to live.
That is critical to your success!
What is one of your dreams for your life?
Did you like this article?
Sign up for the Livin on the Skinny eNews!
It’s FREE and has exclusive content by Karen (me!)
Related articlesPin It