Eat every 2 – 3 hours to keep your blood sugar stable and avoid that sensation of wanting to eat the table legs!
Here’s a rough idea of what her plate looks like at mealtime.
- 2/3 plate is veggies and fruit and beans
- 1/3 plate is fish or chicken
- a slice or two of bread or a serving of pasta, rice or oats (no more than 2 oz per serving = about a cupped handful, raw))
- Fruit…2-3 servings a day
- Veggies… a ton at breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 1 1/2 oz nuts each day (about 20 almonds)
- Some protein at each meal or snack (meat, fish, beans, nuts, egg whites)
- 3 – 4 slices of bread or 3 – 4 servings of pasta, rice or oats (2 oz per serving = about a cupped handful, raw)
- 2 egg yolks a week (optional)
- 2 or 3 egg whites at a a time….daily if desired (optional)
- 2 T of olive oil
Here’s the food list.
Take it to the grocery store & stock up for a life change!
- Olive oil…for salads, toast with italian seasoning or a fried egg.
- Grapeseed oil for cooking..it can heat to higher temperature than olive oil.
Meat & Fish
- More chicken & turkey (lunch meat from deli section.)
- Less red meat.
- Ham from the deli section (look for a brand without preservatives.)
- Salmon, tilapia, sardines, anchovies.
- Wild caught sockeye salmon (usually found frozen, these salmon are not fed antibiotics & are considered to be healthier for you than farm grown salmon)
- Canned salmon
Pasta & Bread
- Whole Wheat pastas
- Whole Wheat flat sandwich wraps
- Whole Wheat sandwich bread
- 2 egg yolks a week
- 2 or 3 egg whites at a a time….daily if desired
My friend started with these veggies:
- Green bell peppers
- Fresh spinach
- Red and yellow peppers
- Frozen fruits. (No worry about spoilage.)
- Fresh fruit when in season.
- Lot of berries..packed with nutrients!
Avoid canned fruits with sugar.
- Almonds (no salt)
- 2 T peanut butter between meals.
When her sweet tooth strikes!
- Honey over teaspoon of goat cheese and walnuts
- Cut way back on light mayo
- Gave up ketchup due to the sugar content
- Started using mustard only & experimented with creole, dijon & spicy for variety